Friday 4 January 2013

TV personality Frank Somerville, taking out braids off his adopted black daughter’s hair.

Image
I came across this on the internet and it just melted my heart and as usual, I thought I'd share with the rest of you..
Television personality Frank Somerville, a white TV Reporter recently posted on facebook, a photo of him taking out braids off his adopted black daughter’s hair. And on the post he said:
"So for those of you who think tv can be glamorous, this is how i spent my morning, learning how to take out my daughter’s braids. It takes a long time and a lot of patience!"
-And upon posting this photo, he received a lot of "likes" and positive responses, prompting him to post the following response:
"It’s not often that I am speechless, but I am floored by the response to the picture I posted, and by how touching and personal many of them were. To me the picture shows a dad doing what a dad SHOULD do, and loving every minute of it. The birth of my first daughter, and adopting my youngest daughter, are the two best moments of my life, and I feel like the luckiest dad in the world that my family is interracial. I can’t thank all of you enough. And remember CHANGE HAPPENS ONE PERSON AT A TIME!".

No comments:

Post a Comment